Wild Woman Photography
Escape to the magical bayou of East Texas on a 5-day kayaking, photography adventure. Become a WILD WOMAN with us as you explore the cypress forests with an intimate group of female photographers. You’ll experience quiet, foggy mornings, great blue herons (and other birds), bald cypress trees in fall color and glowing Spanish moss backlit by the sunset.
Photographing Caddo Lake from a kayak gives you flexibility and a personal connection with the trees and water. Explore your creativity as you immerse yourself in this unique “landscape”. Our kayaks are comfortable, easy to learn and very maneuverable.
This all-inclusive experience is specifically designed to help YOU feel comfortable exploring in the wild without being alone OR in a large group while growing as a photographer.
THE ADVENTURE DETAILS
Sun. Nov. 12: Arrive at our waterfront lodging by 3 pm. We’ll kayak and photograph sunset followed by dinner.
Mon. Nov. 13 – Wed. Nov. 15: Expect early mornings as we depart on the lake before sunrise hoping for foggy conditions. We’ll adjust our meals and kayaking locations depending on the weather conditions. During the day you’ll spend time relaxing, editing images with hands-on instruction, having group discussions, etc. Evenings will be more kayaking and photography followed by dinner.
Thurs. Nov. 16: We’ll have one last morning of photography before brunch and check out by 11 am.
*To see what this experience is like, watch my adventures with Alex Armitage on Caddo Lake last fall
Recommended Clothing/Photo gear:
- LAYERS! You’ll want to dress warm in the mornings and be able to remove items as needed. Thermal top, fleece, warm jacket.
- Waterproof shoes (or muck boots)
- Hat (Wool beanie or other) and gloves
- Lightweight, quick dry clothing
- Computer with installed editing software
- DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Memory cards and a portable external hard drive
- Suggested lenses: Anything goes here! Wide angle 12 mm- Telephoto 400 mm (or more). My favorite is my 50-400mm.
- Camera accessories: CPL/ND filters, lens cloths, dust blower
- VERY sturdy tripod
- Transportation to the event including airline travel and/or car rental
- Alcoholic beverages
- 4 nights lodging. Room with a queen bed on a riverfront property (possibility of a shared room).
- All meals and drinks (excluding alcohol). This includes 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 4 dinners, beverages.
- Transportation during the event
- Kayaks and safety equipment
- All fees
- Temperatures range from the low 40’s to upper 60’s.
- Rain is not expected but could be possible
- Bring cold weather gear! We will going and coming in the dark and it gets cold quickly.
- Must be in moderate physical condition. You must be able to assist in lifting a kayak.
- Expect to be in a kayak for about 3 hours each morning/evening.
- Must have a “working” knowledge of your camera and be able to use it in manual mode.
Escape with Wild Woman:
Dates: Nov. 12-16, 2023
Space: limited to 3 participants
Spots available: 2
Lodging: Queen bedroom in a waterfront house/cabin
(possibly in a shared room, contact Brie for details)
All-inclusive with lodging/food (see exclusions)
*We can accomodate “reasonable” dietary requests
Deposit: 50% payment to secure a spot.
Final payment due 60 days prior to event
Book your Cypress Swamp
Nov. 12-16, 2023
Have Questions? Email Brie at email@example.com
Hi! I’m an Austin, TX based landscape and nature photographer that LOVES the beauty of Texas & the desert southwest.
Exploring the landscape has offered me a HUGE variety of growth opportunities both personally and photographically. I believe improvement comes from listening to creative intuition, mentoring and PRACTICE!
It’s my privilege to help women step outside their comfort zone & experience their own wild photography adventures.
Check out my portfolio HERE!