I truly love having a podcast where, with my co-host Len Metcalf, we can create a space to discuss anything we want. Every once in a while we just enjoy a chat without having a set subject or direction. Episode 54: Creative Catch Up is one of those free flowing conversations.
In this Catch Up conversation we discuss:
- Adventures: Brie discusses her upcoming solo backpacking trip to Lost maples State Park. Len shares exciting tales from his recent photography workshops, including a delightful encounter with a kangaroo.
- The art of focusing: We discuss the magic of focusing on one subject and exploring it more in depth for deeper understanding.
- Positive Feedback: Len talks about the transformative power of positive feedback and one-on-one attention in fostering artistic growth, inspired by his recent art exhibition.
- Gear: We chat about the importance of having the right gear and tools for outdoor activities, including photography and talk about the challenges of photographing in the rain.
- Mentoring: We reflect on the joy of witnessing people change and grow through art education and mentoring.
Mentioned in this episode:
Our episode on Journaling
“Awe: The New Science of Everyday Wonder and How It Can Transform Your Life” by Dacher Keltner
As always check out our creative work at:
We now have a searchable transcript for this episode
Thanks for listening!