I love saying YES to creative opportunities!! This doesn’t mean I always say yes though. I’m definitely getting better at considering what saying yes means to my time, energy, etc. I love to ask myself:
- Is it fun?
- Do I feel energized by the thought of it? Or does it feel draining?
- How much time will it take? Do I have the time bandwidth to say yes?
- What might be the overall effect of saying yes?
It’s been a fun ride to say yes to things I’m a little scared of and then seeing how they turn out. I’m glad I said yes creative opportunities like: my impossible goal, and invitation from my friend David Hunter in Capitol Reef to join him during his artist residency, Len’s invite to create a podcast with him and (coming up) a trip to Costa Rica for photography in October. There are more thing coming that I’m saying YES to but you’ll have to wait for those.
Until then, enjoy this podcast conversation all about saying yes!
In this chat about Saying Yes we discuss:
- Why you WANT to say yes more often
- What gets in the way of saying yes
- Our own experiences saying yes (or no!)
- Understanding our own comfort levels with saying yes
- Using creative intuition to guide us
- Using a mentor to help us navigate when we say yes
Mentioned in this episode:
We now have a searchable transcript for this episode
Thanks for listening!